Thursday 8 December 2011

More Vanisage knitting

Further experiments with the vanisage technique-


Noppé 2.



Noppé 2.



Bourrelet.



Bourrelet.



Noppe 1.


Cote with rayures (difficult to see stripes due to sporadic quality of fluffy yarn used).



Bourrelet.



Bourrelet and varieur behind.



Both Noppé 1.

Cora tells me that I am concentrating too much on the darker colours within my painting of inspiration and therefore I must make more effort in capturing the lighter, more neutral shades. It is fascinating how different yarns look when knitted in comparison to on their bobbin. That is the great thing about all the yarns here being free. You are able to experiment even with yarns that may initially look ugly and undesirable without thinking "I've got to like this I've just bought 60m!".

No comments:

Post a Comment